MINI NUTELLA DYING SO CUTE
FINALLY! Real Mexican food at Centro on a date with my dad :) it’s only been 8 months… #mexican #mexicanfood #food #centro #sacramento #home
I’m outta here.
Actually sad. So excited to go home and everything that means, but the end of my year feels a bit tragic to this sentimental year. It has been incredible—so grateful to the students, teachers, and teaching assistants who touched my life and made this experience what it was.
Q: How do I stay tight with my sisters over the summer? Some girls from my chapter are living in my city. What would be some fun unofficial events to get us all together? Then other sisters are across the planet! How can they stay involved and not feel left out? Basically, summer is cramping my…
Fantastic ideas :)
Writing thank you notes to colleagues
And shedding quite a few tears while I do it, a) because they are awesome and b) because this means I really have to leave and suddenly I am feeling so sad about that fact.
I am super sentimental and having to leave Austria is making it so much worse. I really hope I don’t cry at school tomorrow—it’s my last day. Maybe it helps that my very last lesson is with a class that usually misbehaves/I am not a huge fan of.
The Waldorf educational philosophy’s overarching goals are intended to provide young people the basis upon which to develop into free, morally responsible, and integrated individuals equipped with a high degree of social competence. Teachers generally use formative (qualitative) rather than summative (quantitative) assessment methods, particularly in the pre-adolescent years.
YES YES YES. This is why I am about to start the job I am about to start.
P.S. Me: product of this. Me: a free, morally responsible, and integrated individual with a high degree of social competence. Waldorf ftw.
Stupid Things I Didn’t Need To Bring to Austria…But Brought Anyway
- “Santa Barbara shirts”—you know, the flowy tops you wear with a skirt or shorts. I’ve only worn one of them [granted, pretty frequently] and it’s always cold here.
- 10 bajillion Q-tips
- 4 knee-length a-line/flared skirts—haven’t worn a single one of them, a single time.
- A cocktail dress—I wore it once to a ball
- FIVE BOTTLES OF PERFUME what was I THINKING
- Like a thousand pairs of normal tights most of which I didn’t wear because it was freezing and I wore my wool tights every freaking day
- 5 pairs of work-out shorts because mostly I ran in running tights and who cares if I wear the same shorts every time I run, this isn’t the UCSB Rec Cen
- Three guidebooks. It’s called the internet, and I used it.
I’m sure there’s more. In case you couldn’t tell, I’m having a nightmare of a time packing…guhhhh.
Lilly Pulitzer Home and Gifts on Rue La La
Join here so you can get in on the awesomeness.
Little the day she found out she was mine and the day I graduated. Miss her so much…and can’t wait to take round 3 for this series when I see her in only 2 weeks! #sigma #saepi #sigmaaepi #ucsb #sunset #sorority #greeklife #graduation #biglittle #reveal #sigmaalphaepsilonpi #college
Beautiful wool in one of the workshops at Austria’s only Camphill community, Liebenfels. #liebenfels #camphill #anthroposophy #steiner #waldorf #waldorfeducation #rudolfsteiner #austria #austrian #anthroposophical
“Went to Vienna” with Bryony and Becca (and Katie too) #umdieweltineintag #austria #kärnten #klagenfurt #miniature #minimundus #fulbright